Holy crap, there are only 20 days left.
According to my calculations, if I buy one gift every day… I should’ve started last month.
Anyway, instead of stressing out about gifts, I’ve decided to challenge myself this Christmas. I’ve come up with a few challenges, actually.
- Drink a holiday beverage every day. That’s right. Every day. It puts you in the Christmas spirit. Yesterday I had a peppermint hot chocolate. Today I had some kinda holiday spice from Starbucks. Apparently I’m made of money and want Diabetes. I’m just gonna have to invest in some of that sugar-free Peppermint coffee creamer, I guess.
- Get all of my holiday shopping done online. This is gonna be tough, but I think I can do it. My ultimate goal is not to step foot in a department or retail store this month. I’ve already made three online purchases at work this week, so I would say it’s do-able. Btw does anyone know where I can buy a puppy online?
- Sing a little. According to my coworkers, I’ve been challenging myself to sing, “It’s the most wonderful time of the yearrrrrr..” every day. I didn’t realize I was doing this. But I’ll try to keep it going. For the sake of Christmas spirit, of course. Maybe I’ll mix it up with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
- Say Merry Christmas because who cares if it offends you?! That reminds me! This guy at the Panda Express Drive-Thru said Merry Christmas to me today!! I was like “What the hell, kid, it’s November.” And he was like “Ma’am, its December 4th.” Damn it.
- Be jolly. Instead of honking and yelling expletives out my car window to everyone who cuts me off on my way to work, maybe I’ll start letting them into my lane.. And mouth the words “Happy holidays” to them. And maybe I’ll bring donuts or something to work next week. And say “Ho, ho, ho!” when I walk in. People like that.
- Donate to those who are less fortunate. I feel really guilty avoiding eye contact with the Salvation Army guy ringing the bell outside of Walmart, so I’m gonna start carrying a little cash. I may be trying to budget, but I can afford to give a couple bucks every now and then.
- Not go to the gym. The year is almost over. No sense in bettering myself now. I’ll wait until New Year’s Day like everyone else.