Tis the season to be thankful, I suppose. While I realize I have countless things to be thankful for, I do think I have a few non-traditional things that I’ve come to really appreciate [wine & social media.]
- First and foremost, I’m thankful for my life. With all of the tragedies happening around the world lately, I’m thankful for another year. Another year to make memories and become wiser.
- A 3-year-old sister. Because it’s nice having someone who’s excited to see you when you get home from work. Even if it’s just because she can’t figure out why the WiFi stopped working.
- Weekends. Now that I have a normal job, I totally get the whole weekend craze. Even sleeping in until 9am is amazing after a five day work week of waking up at 6am.
- Family members who get along with one another. I know this is true for a lot of people. Some families just can’t get along with each other. And honestly, we don’t always get along. But we do a damn good job at pretending.
- Memes. Thank you for always being there for me when I’ve watched all my friends’ Snapchat stories, gone 2 weeks back on my Instagram feed, and Facebook is full of controversial posts about elections and bad cops.
- Understanding parents. I totally moved back home. Twice. And shorted these guys on rent for like a year. Thanks for understanding that I’m still growing up and I sometimes forget how to budget my money. I owe you guys.
- An understanding boyfriend. I can be totally irrational sometimes, I’ll admit it. But for some reason you stick around. I’d have left me by now. Anyway thanks babe, I’ll buy you a six pack tonight.
- Technology. Thanks for allowing me to stalk people I don’t know and track my friends and family at all times. Also, thanks for my job because without technology there’d be no social media and I’d be unemployed.
- Wine. Red, white, chilled or room temperature. Sweet or dry. I’m thankful for wine when I’m watching Netflix, when I’m having dinner, when I’m reading a book. Pretty much always.
- BFFs. Thanks for answering the phone at 1am when you know I’m about to vent to you for an hour and a half about something that honestly won’t matter tomorrow. Thanks for supporting all of my decisions even when they were stupid ones. And thanks for having wine.
- Wine. Thanks for letting me feel sophisticated and mature when I just want a buzz while I watch Netflix. Oh, wait. Did I already mention this one?