I like talking relationships. I really wanted to write something that could help people better their relationships. This blog started out as a kind of “how-to” on making relationships last. But I quickly realized that this is not my area of expertise. My area of expertise actually happens to be the opposite. Some of this is knowledge from personal experience and some of it is stuff I’ve heard from my girlfriends. So here it is, ladies and gentlemen. How to lose a guy in 10 ways.
- Stalk. Snoop. This is number one for a reason. Going through your guy’s phone or emails or whatever is going to end in one of two ways:
One, you’re going to find something you don’t like. Maybe you’ll find out that he’s been cheating on you or that he’s been lying about where he is because he doesn’t want you to get mad, which you will. You’ll find SOMETHING. I can almost guarantee it.
Two, he’ll catch you in the act. That’s right, your guy is gonna wake up while you’re creeping through his Facebook messages and deleting numbers of girls you don’t like -AND HE’S GONNA FLIP SHIT. Don’t do it. If you feel like you need to go through his messages, why are you even dating the guy?
- Not be domestic. This is so sad and I wish it weren’t even a thing. But unfortunately men want their women to cook and clean.. most do, anyway. Trust me, I’m far from domestic. I hate cleaning and I can only make tacos and spaghetti. I only recently mastered the art of breakfast tacos. I’m 21 and I still rely on my mom to cook for me. I’ll probably be single forever. Some women luck out though. My grandma did. My grandpa does these things for her. I know, right? A man who cooks and cleans? Where can I get one?…
- Dislike his mother. This is especially true in Hispanic men. For some reason these guys are total mama’s boys and just can’t seem to let go. They trust their mother’s judgment. So if you’re intimidated when you meet a guy’s mom… YOU SHOULD BE. Kiss ass, but be discreet. And don’t be too lovey dovey with your beau in front of her. He might not care, but she probably does. Depending on how serious you guys are, his mom’s opinion might matter more than yours.
- Get too close too fast. Guys are weird in this way. They freak out at the slightest hint of an actual relationship. If he comes home from work and you’re already there hanging out with his sister, it might make him a little nervous. Be careful around his friends, for a different reason. In my experience, a guy doesn’t care for you to hang out with his friends without him. It kinda breaks some sort of guy code.
- Call/text constantly. I’m guilty of this, but I’m working on it. Who am I kidding? No I’m not. But really. It’s not attractive to blow up your guy’s phone. It makes you seem needy and dependent. Do your own thing, hang out with girlfriends. It’ll make him appreciate his time with you.
- Play hard to get. This is the opposite of #5. While guys might not want you to be too available to him, he also probably won’t appreciate you purposely ignoring him and making him feel unimportant. Don’t play games! If you like him let it be known! Just don’t throw yourself at him.
- Be jealous. This goes both ways. No one wants a boyfriend or girlfriend who is overly jealous. A little jealous is ok. It’s healthy. It means you care. But don’t question him about a girl who followed him on Instagram or show up to his job to check on him because you hate that pretty girl he works with. It makes you seem crazy. And maybe you are, but no one has to know that.
- Let yourself go. For all things superficial and shallow, don’t let yourself go. He’s probably not gonna dump you and say “It’s because you got fat.” But he might lose interest and say “I’m just not feeling it anymore.” And it may or may not be because you quit wearing makeup and started wearing sweats.
- Compare him. This is so huge. I should move it to #2 but I’m too lazy. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES compare him to your ex.. or anyone else, for that matter. It’s insulting. Don’t be paranoid because your last boyfriend cheated on you. It’s not his fault. Let it go. If you’re still not over it, maybe you’re not ready to date just yet. No one wants to be held accountable for someone else’s wrong doing.
- Be a diva. He’s a boyfriend not an ATM. Don’t set your expectations too high when it comes to gifts and dates. Unless you’re dating Bill Gates or Warren Buffet, be considerate. And ladies, it’s OK to pick up the tab every once in a while. He’ll appreciate when you do, unless he’s one of those super old fashioned guys who insist on paying every time. In which case, I’d probably let him.
That’s all I got. There’s a ton of other ways to lose a guy, I’m sure of it. But it was actually hard for me to come up with these 10. I really wanted ten, because, well. If you clicked on this link, you know why.